Monday, July 28, 2008

Wait...WHAT?!?!??!?!

Did everyone else but me already know that Nomi from Hercules and Love Affair was actually...special?


Regardless of biological boxes, the woman could have been an alien for all I'd known, and it wouldn't change the fact that she has some fierce pipes on her. She totally gave Antony a run for his money during "Blind," and I still danced my tail off. But, hmm...my sexuality is all confused now. And I keep thinking of this, which has absolutely no correlation whatsoever, but is still pretty entertaining. Oh, crazy Elizabeth Berkeley.

Also, apparently I was skipped over for the memo on Saturday's show, as I did not show up in or having any of the following:

  • Glitter
  • Sequins
  • Anything that got attacked by a BeDazzler
  • Feathers
  • Hot pants
I did dance with my hot gay friend Kevin, so I had one accessory at least. The trouble with shows like H&LA where I have no idea they have a huge homo following is that I ended up walking in and being subjected to a huge sausage fest, and I can't have any of it. There ain't nothing worse than a straight girl surrounded by beautiful men she cannot have. Trust me on this.

Anyway, I was really pleasantly surprised that live Hercules brought it, especially with the beautiful brass section and a great percussion with both live kits and a loop. And though it did sort of feel like disco almost made a comeback, Herc showed that a fresh spin on a beloved era in music can be successful.

That lingering sweat that rained on the main dancefloor was not cute, though. Reminder for air conditioning, stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment